The Bismuth-Corlette classification is a classification system for perihilar cholangiocarcinomas, which is based on the extent of ductal infiltration.
Please referer to the main article on cholangiocarcinoma for a full discussion of the condition.
- limited to the common hepatic duct, below the level of the confluence of the right and left hepatic ducts
- involves the confluence of the right and left hepatic ducts
- type II + extends to the bifurcation of the right hepatic duct
- type II + extends to the bifurcation of the left hepatic duct
- extending to the bifurcations of both right and left hepatic ducts OR
- multifocal involvement
- stricture at the junction of common bile duct and cystic duct
The classification system may be used both for cholangiocarcinoma and benign stricturesref.
This article is in need of some more references!
You can make a difference to Radiopaedia.org by adding some relevant ones.
- 1. Johnson CD, Taylor I. Recent Advances in Surgery 27. Royal Society of Medicine. (2004) ISBN:1853155713. Read it at Google Books - Find it at Amazon
- 2. Sainani NI, Catalano OA, Holalkere NS et-al. Cholangiocarcinoma: current and novel imaging techniques. Radiographics. 28 (5): 1263-87. doi:10.1148/rg.285075183 - Pubmed citation
- 3. Snyder B. How to Win, On the American Board of Surgery Certifying Exam. Trafford on Demand Pub. (2009) ISBN:1426915829. Read it at Google Books - Find it at Amazon
- 4. Chung YE, Kim MJ, Park YN et-al. Staging of extrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma. Eur Radiol. 2008;18 (10): 2182-95. doi:10.1007/s00330-008-1006-x - Pubmed citation
Synonyms & Alternative Spellings
|Synonyms or Alternative Spelling||Include in Listings?|
|Bismuth-Corlette classification of large duct cholangiocarcinoma||✗|
|Bismuth-Corlette classification of large duct cholangiocarcinomas||✗|