The Bismuth-Corlette classification is a classification system for perihilar cholangiocarcinomas, which is based on the extent of ductal infiltration.
Please referer to the main article on cholangiocarcinoma for a full discussion of the condition.
- limited to the common hepatic duct, below the level of the confluence of the right and left hepatic ducts
- involves the confluence of the right and left hepatic ducts
- type II + extends to the bifurcation of the right hepatic duct
- type II + extends to the bifurcation of the left hepatic duct
- extending to the bifurcations of both right and left hepatic ducts OR
- multifocal involvement
- stricture at the junction of common bile duct and cystic duct
The classification system may be used both for cholangiocarcinoma and benign stricturesref.
- 1. Johnson CD, Taylor I. Recent Advances in Surgery 27. Royal Society of Medicine. (2004) ISBN:1853155713. Read it at Google Books - Find it at Amazon
- 2. Sainani NI, Catalano OA, Holalkere NS et-al. Cholangiocarcinoma: current and novel imaging techniques. Radiographics. 28 (5): 1263-87. doi:10.1148/rg.285075183 - Pubmed citation
- 3. Snyder B. How to Win, On the American Board of Surgery Certifying Exam. Trafford on Demand Pub. (2009) ISBN:1426915829. Read it at Google Books - Find it at Amazon
- 4. Chung YE, Kim MJ, Park YN et-al. Staging of extrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma. Eur Radiol. 2008;18 (10): 2182-95. doi:10.1007/s00330-008-1006-x - Pubmed citation
Synonyms & Alternative Spellings
|Synonyms or Alternative Spelling||Include in Listings?|
|Bismuth-Corlette classification of large duct cholangiocarcinoma||✗|
|Bismuth-Corlette classification of large duct cholangiocarcinomas||✗|