The carpal tunnel view is an axial projection to demonstrate the medial and lateral prominences and the concavity 1.
- patient stands with back towards the table
- a cassette is placed at the edge of the table
- palm of hand is pressed against the cassette and fingers are curled on the underside of table
- wrist is dorsiflexed to approx. 135 degrees
X-ray beam features
- vertical beam is employed
- centred between pisiform and hook of hamate medially and tubercle of the scaphoid and ridge of trapezium laterally or in other words centred to an approximate mid point of the dorsiflexed wrist