Radiopaedia.org is more than just an online resource. It is also the front end of a community made up of radiologists who collaborate both on the site and on projects and publications that stem from the site. See guidelines for collaborative projects for more information.
- F. Gaillard, J. Jones. Masses of the pineal region: clinical presentation and radiographic features. Postgrad Med J. 2010;86 (1020): 597-607. doi:10.1136/pgmj.2009.087460.
- S. Wein, F. Gaillard. Intradural spinal tumours and their mimics: a review of radiographic features. Postgrad Med J. 2013 Aug;89(1054):457-69. doi: 10.1136/postgradmedj-2012-131503.
- D. Singh, C. Hsu, G. Kwan, S. Bhuta, M. Skalski, R. Jones. High resolution CT study of the chorda tympani nerve and normal anatomical variation. Jpn J Radiol. 2015;33 (5): 279-86. doi:10.1007/s11604-015-0417-2
Posters are a great way to incorporate work on Radiopaedia.org as a whole and collaborative publication:
- 2009: “Collaborative Radiology Resources: Radiopaedia.org as an example of a Web 2.0 radiology resource” F. Gaillard, J. Jones; ARRS 2009.
- 2009: "Anterior cerebral circulation" F. Gaillard, J. Jones; RSNA 2009.
- 2010: "TMJ anatomy and pathology" F. Gaillard, S. Bhuta; ARRS 2010.
- 2010: "Utility of the Radiopaedia iPhone application as a self-directed learning tool for continuing professional development" F. Gaillard, L. Danaher, Y. Weerakkody, J. Jones, A. Dixon, S. Farooq, S. Bhuta, P. Desai, H. AlSalam, G. Singh; RANZCR 2010 ASM.
- 2011: "Masses of the Pineal Region and their Radiographic Features" S. Farooq, J. Jones, F. Gaillard, ECR 2011. Awarded a Cum Laude medal.
- 2011: "Imaging of intraventricular mass lesions: an MRI Pictorial Review" A. Stanislavsky, Y. Weerakkody, B Di Muzio, F Gaillard, RANZCR 2011 ASM.
- 2013: "Occupational Lung Disease: High Resolution CT findings and correlation with exposure history and histopathology" D Singh, CC-T Hsu, Gigi NC Kwan, Y Weerakkody, 3rd World Congress of Thoracic Imaging (WCTI). Awarded Young Investigator Scholarship and Certificate of Merit.
- 2013: "The Bosniak classification system of renal cysts revisited: celebrating 20 years of the F word" M Osman, M Skalski, I Bickle, F Gaillard, A Dixon; RANZCR ASM 2013.
- 2014: "Pituitary Region Tumours: Not Always An Adenoma" C.W. Oh, F. Gaillard, Y. Weerakkody; ECR 2014.
- 2014: ''Utility of 4 chamber view in detecting cardiac anomalies'' Vivek Pai; ECR 2014.
- 2014: "Wrong place, wrong time: Imaging and embryological features of congenital renal anomalies" M Osman, I Bickle, M Skalski, H Knipe, F Gaillard; RANZCR CSM 2014.
- 2015: "Improving undergraduate radiology teaching: current experiences and novel approaches" D. Smith, J. Jones; ECR 2015. dx.doi.org/10.1594/ecr2015/C-1848
- 2015: "CNS Complications of HIV Infection" C Hsu, D Singh, F Gaillard, L Danaher. ARRS 2015.
- 2015: "Facing the Future: Use of CT 3D printing in craniofacial surgery planning". M Osman, F Gaillard, I Bickle, H Abdullah. RANZCR ASM 2015.
- 2014: Pulmonary vasculitis: Update on multimodality imaging characteristics and correlation with histopathology. O'Sullivan J, Singh D, Kwan GN, Y. Weerakkody, CC-T Hsu; RANZCR CSM 2014.
- 2015: Teaching from Every Angle: Integrating 3D Anatomy with Interactive Case-based Radiology Playlists. D. Smith, J. Jones; RSNA, 02 Dec 2015
iPhone and iPad applications
Radiopaedia.org's Radiology Teaching File iPhone applications:
- 2009 - volume 1: Brain. F. Gaillard, P. Desai (iPhone and iPad).
- 2009 - volume 2: Gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary. F. Gaillard, A. Dixon and N. Yang.
- 2010 - volume 3: Musculoskeletal. F. Gaillard, S. Farooq (iPhone and iPad).
- 2010 - volume 4: Paediatrics. F. Gaillard, J. Jones, Y Weerakkody.
- 2010 - volume 5: Chest. L Danaher, J. Jones, F. Gaillard.
- 2010 - volume 6: Head and Neck. F. Gaillard, J Jones (iPhone and iPad).
Images used in other publications
Radiopaedia is a great way of getting your images used and credited to you. We receive requests weekly, and always seek permission from the contributing user. There have been many, but have lost track of most. Some of the more recent ones include:
- Maizlin Z et al. "People behind exclusive eponyms of radiologic signs (part II)" Canadian Association of Radiologists Journal, 2010 (pending publication)
- image used: spalding sign
- Z Maizlin "Wonders of Radiology" to be published in 2010
- image used: spalding sign
- Murali Rao and Zoe Wilson "Chasing the dragon" Current psychiatry Vol. 9, No. 2 / February 2010 (link)
- images used: chasing the dragon
- Jan Mazura et al "The non traumatic facial bone lesion on ct: pictorial review of diagnosis and management considerations" AUR meeting 2010
- images used: dentigerous cyst
- The Developing Human: Clinically Oriented Embryology, 9th edition due to be published in 2011
- Gottsäter A and Svensson PJ (eds) "Klinisk handläggning av venös tromboembolism" Studentlitteratur 2010 ISBN 978-91-44-05319-6
- image used: diagram of superficial cerebral veins
- Neves PC, Guerra M, Ponce P, Miranda J, Vouga L, non-cystic fibrosis bronchiectasis, Interactive CardioVasc Thoracic Surgery - Volume 13, Issue 6 Pages: 619-625
Help and Style Guide
style guide and help
- general overview
- Radiopaedia.org supporters
- copyright/plagiarism issues
- supported browsers
- racial terminology
- when to use bold
- when to use italics
- how to use acronyms
- using colons
- using dashes and hyphens
- using slashes
- apostrophe use and eponyms
- bulleted and numbered lists
- numbers, units and operators
- a vs. an
- accepted abbreviations
- UK vs. US English
- non-English articles
- have a play in our sandbox (test page)
- how to create an article (watch YouTube tutorial)
anatomy of an article
- standard article structure
- special types of articles
- short article structure
- mnemonics article structure
- interventional procedure article structure
- curriculum article structure
- examples of normal imaging article structure
- anatomy article structure
- fracture article structure
- radiography article structure
- articles on conditions that affect multiple systems
- contributing a case to illustrate an article
- see also
- adding images to an article
- merging duplicate articles
- synonyms (watch YouTube tutorial)
- why upload cases to Radiopaedia.org
- how to upload a case (watch YouTube tutorial)
- types of cases
- patient confidentiality
- case publishing guidelines
- anatomy of the perfect case
- quiz mode
- attributes and selection tools
- push back to draft
- medical illustrations and diagrams
- multiple choice questions
- editorial team
Synonyms & Alternative Spellings
|Synonyms or Alternative Spelling||Include in Listings?|
|Collaborative work by Radiopaedians||✗|