Linking one article or case to other articles is an integral part of building a cohesive resource.
How to create a link
To watch a YouTube video tutorial on how to create links : click here
To create a link :
- enter edit mode, by clicking 'edit'
- highlight text
- click the link button in the tool bar (note only formatted text areas can contain links)
- a dialoge box will open
- if an article exists with the same exact title as the highlighted text it will appear in the drop down list
- If it does not you may need to alter the text in the text field of the dialoge box until a match is found
- if no article exists by creating a link you will enable users to follow that link to create new content
- click on the desired article to link to in the drop down list
- click submit
If everything has gone well the link will be blue (once you are no longer in edit mode). If you have create a link to a not-yet existing article it will be grey. Don't worry, as soon as that article is created your link will turn blue.
Links to other online resources
There are two exceptions to this rule:
- the 'References' section at the bottom of articles can contain links to resources : see references
- any external link directly sanctioned by our editorial team, examples include:
- links to original files of reproduced images of pathology specimens
- links to original files of reproduced images used to illustrate signs
- Links to other Web sites should not be posted by users, except when in the form of a link to a reference textbook or journal in the reference field of articles. This Site reserves the right to remove any and all links from any part of the Site and posted by any user without consultation.
If you have any concerns about a link please write to email@example.com
Synonyms & Alternative Spellings
|Synonyms or Alternative Spelling||Include in Listings?|