Moyamoya staging (Susuki)
Suzuki and Takaku fist described moyamoya and its staging in 1969.
- "narrowing of the carotid fork" *
- narrowed ICA bifurcation
- Stage II
- "intensification of the moyamoya"
- further increase in moyamoya change of the ICA birfurcation and narrowed ACA and MCA
- "minimization of the moyamoya"
- moyamoya change reducing with occlusive changes in ICA and tenuous ACA and MCA
- "reduction of the moyamoya"
- further decrease in moyamoya change with occlusion of ICA, ACA and MCA
- "disappearance of the moyamoya"
- ICA essentially disappeared with supply of brain from ECA
* the description in inverted commas is that of Suzuki in the original paper.
- 1. Jiro Suzuki, Akira Takaku. Cerebrovascular "Moyamoya" Disease: Disease Showing Abnormal Net-Like Vessels in Base of Brain. Arch Neurol. 1969;20(3):288-299.
Synonyms & Alternative Spellings
|Synonyms or Alternative Spelling||Include in Listings?|
|Moya moya staging (Susuki)||✗|