Robson staging of renal cell carcinoma (RCC) is simple but has largely been replaced by the TNM system (see renal cell cancer staging article). Robson staging revolves around the relationship to Gerota's fascia, involvement of renal vein and regional nodes.
- stage I - limited to kidney
- stage II - involvement of perinephric fat but remains limited to Gerota's fascia
- IIIa - renal vein involvement
- IIIb - nodal involvement
- IIIc - both IIIa and IIIb
- IVa - direct invasion of adjacent organs / structures
- IVb - distant metastases
This article is in need of some more references!
You can make a difference to Radiopaedia.org by adding some relevant ones.
- 1. Sheth S, Scatarige JC, Horton KM et-al. Current concepts in the diagnosis and management of renal cell carcinoma: role of multidetector ct and three-dimensional CT. Radiographics. 2001;21 Spec No : S237-54. Radiographics (link) - Pubmed citation
Synonyms & Alternative Spellings
|Synonyms or Alternative Spelling||Include in Listings?|
|Renal cell cancer staging - Robson||✗|
|Robson staging of renal cell cancer||✓|
|Robson staging of renal cell carcinoma||✗|