A strawberry gallbladder refers not to the shape, but to the surface appearance of the mucosa of the gallbladder, when multiple small collections of triglycerides and cholesterol esters within the lamina propria of the gallbladder wall.
Strawberry gallbladder is diffuse cholesterolosis and is a common idiopathic non-neoplastic condition. It is not currently visible on imaging.
When cholesterosis is focal, it forms cholesterol polyps.
- inanimate object inspired
vegetable and plant inspired
- celery stalk metaphysis
- celery stalk anterior cruciate ligament
- chocolate cyst
- coffee bean sign
- cottage loaf sign
- cotton wool appearance of bone
- doughnut sign
- linguine sign
- miliary opacities
- onion skin periosteal reaction
- pancake brain
- pancake vertebra
- popcorn calcification
- salt and pepper skull
- rice grain calcification
- tree in bud
- waterlily sign
- fruit inspired
animal and animal produce inspired
- fish and seafood
- poulty and foul
- domesticated and wild animals
- insects and bugs
- mythical creatures
- processed animal product containing foods
- weapon and munition inspired signs
- 1. A. R. Boscak "Adenomyomatosis of the Gallbladder" RadioGraphics 2006;26:941-946
- 2. Rumack CM, et al. Diagnostic Ultrasound Elsevier Mosby, 3rd edition, 2005.