Creative Commons Licence
To allow the best compromise between allowing easy legal access to content on Radiopaedia.org and simultaneously ensuring that contributing users maintain control over both attribution and commercial use of images / cases submitted, all content is provided under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-commercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License, except where stated otherwise in the image or case description.
Human-readable summary (also known as the gist)
Under this license you may
- copy contents and
- alter / build upon it
as long as you
- attribute the work appropriately (see below)
- re-license it under the same license, and
- do not use the work commercially (either directly or indirectly)
If you would like to obtain permission to use content from Radiopaedia.org outside of this license it is certainly possible.
In the case of images submitted by users, please contact us and we will pass on the request to the user.
In the case of text which forms the part of an article, then please contact Radiopaedia.org directly at email@example.com
Attribution for images
Please include both the name of the contributing user and Radiopaedia.org.
- e.g. Dr Frank Gaillard, Radiopaedia.org
If you are using the work online, then please also include a direct link to the original case, to the home page and to this licence page.
- e.g. Image courtesy of Dr Bob Smith, Radiopaedia.org. (original file here) Creative Commons BY-SA-NC
Attribution of text
Please simply reference it as you would another text source
- e.g. "Thyroid neoplasms" Radiopaedia.org
Again if your work is online, please include a link back to the original article.