Anterior left subphrenic space
Citation, DOI, disclosures and article data
At the time the article was created Shanalie Dias had no recorded disclosures.View Shanalie Dias's current disclosures
At the time the article was last revised Hamish Smith had no recorded disclosures.View Hamish Smith's current disclosures
The anterior left subphrenic space is a subcompartment of the left supramesocolic space.
- medial: falciform ligament (separates it from the anterior right subphrenic space)
- superior: left coronary and triangular ligaments
- anterior: anterior abdominal wall and anterior aspect of the left hemidiaphragm
- posterior: left lobe of the liver 3,4
- inferiorly: the greater peritoneal cavity
- inferomedially: anterior left perihepatic space
- posteriorly: posterior left subphrenic space 5
The anterior left subphrenic space is the most frequent location of abscess development secondary to generalized peritonitis 6.