Anti jo 1 antibody positive interstitial lung disease
Anti jo 1 antibody positive interstitial lung disease refer to cases of interstitial lung disease occuring in the setting on anti Jo 1 antibody positivity.
Anti jo 1 antibody positivity has a recognized association with interstitial lung disease. This most commonly occurs in a setting of polymyositis or dermatomyositis but can also occur in other situations such as antisynthetase syndrome etc.
Treatment and prognosis
Has a variable prognosis. Treatment with corticosteroids and immunosuppressive drugs is often considered required in most patients 3.
- 1. Tomoko Nakanishi, Masakuni Ueyama, Satoru Terada, Nobuyoshi Hamao, Takashi Inao, Yusuke Kaji, Takehiro Yasuda, Seishu Hashimoto, Takashi Hajiro, Eisaku Tanaka, Yuko Nishimoto, Satoshi Noma, Yoichiro Kobashi, Yoshio Taguchi. Long-term outcome of 53 patients with anti-Jo-1 antibody-positive interstitial lung disease. (2017) European Respiratory Journal. 50 (suppl 61): PA1515. doi:10.1183/1393003.congress-2017.PA1515
- 2. Marie I, Josse S, Hatron PY, Dominique S, Hachulla E, Janvresse A, Cherin P, Mouthon L, Vittecoq O, Menard JF, Jouen F. Interstitial lung disease in anti-Jo-1 patients with antisynthetase syndrome. (2013) Arthritis care & research. 65 (5): 800-8. doi:10.1002/acr.21895 - Pubmed
- 3. Tillie-Leblond I, Wislez M, Valeyre D, Crestani B, Rabbat A, Israel-Biet D, Humbert M, Couderc LJ, Wallaert B, Cadranel J. Interstitial lung disease and anti-Jo-1 antibodies: difference between acute and gradual onset. (2008) Thorax. 63 (1): 53-9. doi:10.1136/thx.2006.069237 - Pubmed
- 4. Maki Tanaka, Machiko Arita, Hiromasa Tachibana, Tadashi Ishida, Takashi Nakazawa. Clinical features and CT findings of anti-Jo-1 antibody positive interstitial lung disease with or without polymyositis and dermatomyositis. (2013) European Respiratory Journal. 42 (Suppl 57): P3810.
- 5. I. Marie, S. Josse, P. Y. Hatron, S. Dominique, E. Hachulla, A. Janvresse, P. Cherin, L. Mouthon, O. Vittecoq, J.‐F. Menard, F. Jouen. Interstitial Lung Disease in Anti–Jo‐1 Patients With Antisynthetase Syndrome. (2013) Arthritis Care & Research. 65 (5): 800. doi:10.1002/acr.21895 - Pubmed