Bilateral facet dislocation is a flexion distraction type of dislocation.
It has been thought to result from hyperflexion, however, recent studies suggest a buckling force to be the cause 1.
- loss of apposition at facet joint: bilateral facet joints may be perched or locked
- anterolisthesis can be more than 50%
- increased interspinous distance
- fractures by location
- cervical spine fracture classification systems
- thoracolumbar spinal fracture classification systems
- three column concept of spinal fractures (Denis classification)
- classification of sacral fractures
- facet dislocation