Branches of internal iliac artery (mnemonic)
Citation, DOI, disclosures and article data
At the time the article was created Mohammad Taghi Niknejad had no recorded disclosures.View Mohammad Taghi Niknejad's current disclosures
At the time the article was last revised Izzat had no recorded disclosures.View Izzat's current disclosures
- I Love Going Places In My Very Own Underwear!
- I: iliolumbar artery
- L: lateral sacral artery
- G: gluteal (superior and inferior) arteries
- P: (internal) pudendal artery
- I: inferior vesical (vaginal in females) artery, and superior vesical artery
- M: middle rectal artery
- V: vaginal artery (females only)
- O: obturator artery
- U: umbilical artery and uterine artery (females only)
The first three branches in the mnemonic (iliolumbar, lateral sacral and superior gluteal) are branches of the posterior division of the internal iliac artery, the remaining branches are of the anterior division.