Citation, DOI & article data
The bronchus intermedius runs distal to the right upper lobe bifurcation and follows the trajectory of the right main bronchus 1. Its measures approximately 2.5 cm in length and eventually bifurcates into the right middle lobe and right lower lobe bronchi within the hilum 2.
- The bronchus intermedius is supplied by the right bronchial artery 2
- The veins from the bronchus intermedius drain directly into the azygos vein 2
- thickened posterior wall of bronchus intermedius on lateral chest radiograph
- 1. Moore KL, Dalley AF, Agur AMR. Clinically Oriented Anatomy. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. ISBN:9780781775250.
- 2. McMinn RMH. Last's Anatomy regional and applied. Churchill Livingstone. ISBN:9780729537520.