Citation, DOI, disclosures and article data
At the time the article was created Frank Gaillard had the following disclosures:
- Radiopaedia Australia Pty Ltd and Radiopaedia Events Pty Ltd, Director, Founder and CEO (Radiopaedia) (ongoing)
- Biogen Australia Pty Ltd, Investigator-Initiated Research Grant for CAD software in multiple sclerosis: finished Oct 2021 (past)
These were assessed during peer review and were determined to not be relevant to the changes that were made.View Frank Gaillard's current disclosures
At the time the article was last revised Henry Knipe had the following disclosures:
- Radiopaedia Events Pty Ltd, Speaker fees (past)
- Integral Diagnostics, Shareholder (ongoing)
- Micro-X Ltd, Shareholder (ongoing)
These were assessed during peer review and were determined to not be relevant to the changes that were made.View Henry Knipe's current disclosures
They are divided into paired lateral cerebellomedullary cisterns (located on either side of the medulla, directly inferior to the cerebellopontine cisterns) and the posterior cerebellomedullary cistern which is better known as the cisterna magna and is discussed separately.
The lateral cerebellomedullary cisterns are continuous with the cisterna magna posteromedially, into which the foramen of Magendie opens, and the premedullary cistern anteromedially, into which the paired foramina of Luschka open 1.
- 1. Matsushima T, Kawashima M, Inoue K, Matsushima K, Miki K. Exposure of Wide Cerebellomedullary Cisterns for Vascular Lesion Surgeries in Cerebellomedullary Cisterns: Opening of Unilateral Cerebellomedullary Fissures Combined with Lateral Foramen Magnum Approach. World Neurosurg. 2014;82(5):e615-21. doi:10.1016/j.wneu.2014.04.064 - Pubmed