Choi response criteria
Use only the size of the tumor during evaluation of response to chemotherapy has some pitfalls and limitations, especially when the estimated response for specific tumors such as gastrointestinal stromal tumour (GIST).
The Choi response criteria for GIST proposed that tumour attenuation could provide an additional measure of response to imatinib therapy.
- Disappearance of all target lesions
- ≥10% decrease tumour size at computed tomography (CT);
- or ≥15% decrease in tumor attenuation at computed tomography (CT);
- no new lesions
- ≥10% increase in sum of longest diameters (SLD) of lesions;
- does not meet the criteria for partial response by virtue of tumour attenuation, new intratumoural nodules,
- or an increase in the size of the existing intratumooral nodules
- none of the above