Circumflex fibular artery
Citation, DOI, disclosures and article data
At the time the article was created Geon Oh had no recorded disclosures.View Geon Oh's current disclosures
At the time the article was last revised Craig Hacking had the following disclosures:
- Philips Australia, Paid speaker at Philips Spectral CT events (ongoing)
These were assessed during peer review and were determined to not be relevant to the changes that were made.View Craig Hacking's current disclosures
The circumflex fibular artery is a minor artery of the leg.
Origin and course
Most often arises from the posterior tibial artery, passes laterally round the neck of the fibula through the soleus to anastomose with the lateral inferior genicular, medial genicular and anterior tibial recurrent arteries 1,2.
- bone and articular structures
Its position wrapping around the fibular neck, makes it vulnerable to injury with proximal fibular fractures 3.
- 1. Gray's anatomy. Elsevier. ISBN:0702052302. Read it at Google Books - Find it at Amazon
- 2. Gray's Anatomy for Students: With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access, 3e. Churchill Livingstone. ISBN:0702051314. Read it at Google Books - Find it at Amazon
- 3. Muscular Injuries in the Posterior Leg: Assessment and Treatment. Springer. ISBN:B01COSJV5K. Read it at Google Books - Find it at Amazon