Collagen vascular disease related interstitial pneumonitis
Citation, DOI, disclosures and article data
At the time the article was created Yuranga Weerakkody had no recorded disclosures.View Yuranga Weerakkody's current disclosures
At the time the article was last revised Craig Hacking had the following disclosures:
- Philips Australia, Paid speaker at Philips Spectral CT events (ongoing)
These were assessed during peer review and were determined to not be relevant to the changes that were made.View Craig Hacking's current disclosures
Some estimate that up to 15% of patients presenting for evaluation of interstitial lung disease may have an underlying collagen vascular disease 2.
The frequency of intrathoracic manifestations and the pattern of abnormality can vary, depending on the type of underlying collagen vascular disease.
The most common patterns described are 3
- nonspecific interstitial pneumonia (NSIP)
- usual interstitial pneumonia (UIP)
- organizing pneumonia (OP)
- lymphocytic interstitial pneumonia (LIP)