Dameron-Lawrence-Bofte classification of proximal 5th metatarsal fractures
Dameron-Lawrence-Bofte classification of proximal fifth metatarsal fractures divides fractures into three zones based on anatomy:
zone 1: tuberosity of 5th metatarsal
- avulsion fracture of tuberosity (pseudo-jones fracture)
- zone 2: meta-diaphyseal junction
- zone 3: proximal diaphyseal fractures
Other classification systems
- 1. Ding BC, Weatherall JM, Mroczek KJ, Sheskier SC. Fractures of the proximal fifth metatarsal: keeping up with the Joneses. Bull NYU Hosp Jt Dis.2012;70(1):49-55
- 2. Torg JS, Balduini FC, Zelko RR, Pavlov HE, Peff TC, Das M. Fractures of the base of the fifth metatarsal distal to the tuberosity. Classification and guidelines for non-surgical and surgical management. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1984 Feb 1;66(2):209-14.
- 3. Dameron Jr TB. Fractures of the proximal fifth metatarsal: selecting the best treatment option. Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. 1995 Mar 1;3(2):110-4.