Elevated craniocaudal projection is an additional trouble shooting view.
- direct beam superiorly to inferiroly
- face patient towards unit, feet forward
- lean patient inward, relaxing the shoulders
- bring inferior aspect of breast onto the image receptor
- pull breast outward and forward
- raise C arm above inframammary fold, pushing breast tissue up and bringing superior tissue under the compression paddle
- apply minimal compression while holding the breast in place
It best visualizes central and medial abnormalities high on the chest wall. This projection is an option when an abnormality presents in the superior aspect of the MLO and lateral projections but is absent from the standard CC projection.