Fetal biometric parameters
Citation, DOI, disclosures and article data
At the time the article was created The Radswiki had no recorded disclosures.View The Radswiki's current disclosures
At the time the article was last revised Jeremy Jones had no recorded disclosures.View Jeremy Jones's current disclosures
Fetal biometric parameters are antenatal ultrasound measurements that are used to indirectly assess the growth and well being of the fetus.
Assessed and reported on a routine 2nd-trimester scan or when growth reassessment is required in the second or third trimester.
- humeral length (HL)
- renal pelves / fetal pyelectasis (FP)
- trans-cerebellar diameter (TCD)
- occipito-frontal diameter (OFD)
- interocular distance (IOD)
- binocular distance (BOD)
- 1. Charlemaine C, Duyme M, Ville Y et al. Fetal Biometric Parameters, Twin Type and Birth Weight Difference. European Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Reproductive Biology. 2000;93(1):27-32. doi:10.1016/s0301-2115(00)00239-6
- 2. F. Bahlmann (Contributor), R. Bollmann (Contributor), R. Chaoui (Contributor). Ultrasound in Obstetrics and GynecologyDiagnostic Ultrasound in Obstetrics: Obstetrics. (2005) ISBN: 1588901475
- 3. Hatab M, Zaretsky M, Alexander J, Twickler D. Comparison of Fetal Biometric Values with Sonographic and 3D Reconstruction MRI in Term Gestations. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2008;191(2):340-5. doi:10.2214/ajr.07.2623
- 4. Benson C & Doubilet P. Sonographic Prediction of Gestational Age: Accuracy of Second- and Third-Trimester Fetal Measurements. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 1991;157(6):1275-7. doi:10.2214/ajr.157.6.1950881