Glioblastoma NOS (not otherwise specified) is a diagnosis in the current (2016) WHO classification of CNS tumours and denotes a diffuse glioma with astrocytic features and anaplasia, microvascular proliferation and/or necrosis consistent with a WHO grade IV glioblastoma but with inconclusive or unavailable IDH mutation status 1.
As such, much of the older literature on glioblastomas should be considered to describe glioblastoma NOS.
As most glioblastoma NOS are in actuality glioblastoma IDH wild-type (just with unavailable IDH status), they are discussed as part of the generic glioblastoma article.
- WHO classification of CNS tumours
- WHO grading of CNS tumours
- VASARI MRI feature set
- diffuse astrocytoma grading
- grade I:
- grade II:
- grade III
- grade IV:
- glioblastoma vs cerebral metastasis
- radiation-induced gliomas
- gliomatosis cerebri (growth pattern)
- specific locations
- treatment response
- Stupp protocol
- glioma treatment response assessment in clinical trials
- multicentric glioblastoma
- multifocal glioblastoma
- prognostic genetic markers