Goyrand fracture

Goyrand fracture is another name for a Smith fracture (reverse Barton fracture) and is predominantly used in France or French-influenced countries.

For a discussion of this fracture refer to the article on Smith fractures.

History and etymology

Named after Jean-Gaspard-Blaise Goyrand: French physician (1746-1814) 1

See also

Article information

rID: 8976
Synonyms or Alternate Spellings:
  • Goyrand's fracture

Support Radiopaedia and see fewer ads

Updating… Please wait.

 Unable to process the form. Check for errors and try again.

 Thank you for updating your details.