Hunka classification of neonatal septic arthritis of the hip
Type I: Absent or minimal femoral head changes.
- A: deformity of the femoral head with intact physis.
- B: deformity of the femoral head with premature physeal closure.
Type III: Pseudarthrosis of the femoral neck.
- A:Complete destruction of the capital femoral epiphysis with stable neck fragment.
- B: Complete destruction of the capital femoral epiphysis with instable small neck fragment.
- Type V: Destruction of both the femoral head and the femoral neck to the intertrochanteric line with hip dislocation.
- 1. Hunka L, Said SE, MacKenzie DA et-al. Classification and surgical management of the severe sequelae of septic hips in children. Clin. Orthop. Relat. Res. 1983; (171): 30-6. Pubmed citation