IgG4-related lung disease
IgG4-related lung disease is a recently described condition. It may occur with or without systemic involvement. It is considered part of the spectrum of IgG-4 related disease.
On HRCT of the chest, it may be categorised into four major subtypes 5:
- 1. Shigemitsu H, Koss MN. IgG4-related interstitial lung disease: a new and evolving concept. Curr Opin Pulm Med. 2009;15 (5): 513-6. doi:10.1097/MCP.0b013e32832ea509 - Pubmed citation
- 2. Yamashita K, Haga H, Kobashi Y et-al. Lung involvement in IgG4-related lymphoplasmacytic vasculitis and interstitial fibrosis: report of 3 cases and review of the literature. Am. J. Surg. Pathol. 2008;32 (11): 1620-6. doi:10.1097/PAS.0b013e318172622f - Pubmed citation
- 3. Takato H, Yasui M, Ichikawa Y et-al. Nonspecific interstitial pneumonia with abundant IgG4-positive cells infiltration, which was thought as pulmonary involvement of IgG4-related autoimmune disease. Intern. Med. 2008;47 (4): 291-4. Pubmed citation
- 4. Raj R. IgG4-related lung disease. Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 2013;188 (5): 527-9. doi:10.1164/rccm.201306-1121ED - Pubmed citation
- 5. Inoue D, Zen Y, Abo H et-al. Immunoglobulin G4-related lung disease: CT findings with pathologic correlations. Radiology. 2009;251 (1): 260-70. doi:10.1148/radiol.2511080965 - Pubmed citation