Inferior hypophyseal artery
Citation, DOI, disclosures and article data
At the time the article was created Craig Hacking had no recorded disclosures.View Craig Hacking's current disclosures
At the time the article was last revised Raymond Chieng had no recorded disclosures.View Raymond Chieng's current disclosures
The inferior hypophyseal artery is a branch from the meningohypophyseal trunk, a branch of the C4 segment of the internal carotid artery. It is usually single on each side and divides into superior and inferior branches, anastomoses with its counterparts from the opposite, contributing to the inferior hypophyseal arterial circle 5,6.
This artery was first identified by Luschka in 1860 5.
- 1. Moore KL, Agur AMR, Dalley AF. Clinically oriented anatomy. LWW. ISBN:1451119453. Read it at Google Books - Find it at Amazon
- 2. Last's anatomy, regional and applied. Churchill Livingstone. ISBN:044304662X. Read it at Google Books - Find it at Amazon
- 3. Butler P, Mitchell A, Healy JC. Applied Radiological Anatomy. Cambridge University Press. (2012) ISBN:0521766664. Read it at Google Books - Find it at Amazon
- 4. Susan Standring. Gray's Anatomy. ISBN: 9780702052309
- 5. Seker A, Martins C, Rhoton A. Meningeal Anatomy. Meningiomas. 2010;:11-51. doi:10.1016/b978-1-4160-5654-6.00002-7
- 6. Cironi K, Decater T, Iwanaga J, Dumont A, Tubbs R. Arterial Supply to the Pituitary Gland: A Comprehensive Review. World Neurosurg. 2020;142:206-11. doi:10.1016/j.wneu.2020.06.221 - Pubmed