Microglandular adenosis of the breast
Citation, DOI, disclosures and article data
At the time the article was created The Radswiki had no recorded disclosures.View The Radswiki's current disclosures
At the time the article was last revised Avni K P Skandhan had no recorded disclosures.View Avni K P Skandhan's current disclosures
Microglandular adenosis (MGA) of the breast is a pathological subtype of mammary adenosis. It is benign breast condition although can mimic a breast cancer (particularly tubular breast carcinoma 3,5) both clinically, radiology and pathologically.
It is considered the only benign breast lesion that lacks a myoepithelial layer 4.
- 1. Eurorad teaching files : Case 5815
- 2. Tavassoli FA, Norris HJ. Microglandular adenosis of the breast. A clinicopathologic study of 11 cases with ultrastructural observations. Am. J. Surg. Pathol. 1983;7 (8): 731-7. - Pubmed citation
- 3. Sabaté JM, Gómez A, Torrubia S et-al. Microglandular adenosis of the breast in a BRCA1 mutation carrier: radiological features. Eur Radiol. 2002;12 (6): 1479-82. doi:10.1007/s00330-001-1174-4 - Pubmed citation
- 4. Moinfar F. Essentials of Diagnostic Breast Pathology, A Practical Approach. Springer Verlag. (2007) ISBN:354045117X. Read it at Google Books - Find it at Amazon
- 5. Clement PB, Azzopardi JG. Microglandular adenosis of the breast--a lesion simulating tubular carcinoma. Histopathology. 1983;7 (2): 169-80. - Pubmed citation
- 6. Sabate JM, Clotet M, Torrubia S et-al. Radiologic evaluation of breast disorders related to pregnancy and lactation. Radiographics. 2007;27 Suppl 1 : S101-24. doi:10.1148/rg.27si075505 - Pubmed citation