Citation, DOI & article data
The nucleus is located in the central midbrain at the level of the superior colliculus ventral and medial periaqueductal grey matter. It lies immediately ventral to the smaller Edinger-Westphal nucleus and just cranial to the trochlear nucleus. The nucleus forms a longitudinal paramedian column of somatic motor nuclei along with the trochlear, abducens and hypoglossal nuclei.
- 1. Moore KL, Agur AMR, Dalley AF. Clinically oriented anatomy. LWW. ISBN:1451119453. Read it at Google Books - Find it at Amazon
- 2. Last's anatomy, regional and applied. Churchill Livingstone. ISBN:044304662X. Read it at Google Books - Find it at Amazon
- 3. Susan Standring. Gray's Anatomy. ISBN: 9780702052309
- 4. Robert H. Whitaker, Neil R. Borley. Instant Anatomy. ISBN: 9780632054039
- 5. A. R. Crossman, David Neary (MD.). Neuroanatomy. (1995)