Citation, DOI & article data
It is more common in females with a M:F of 1:2 2.
Esophageal bronchi may be the main bronchus, which gives rise to esophageal lung, or may be a lobar bronchus, most commonly a lower lobe bronchus.
Arterial supply and venous drainage are variable:
- arterial supply: may arise directly from the thoracic aorta
- venous drainage: may be to systemic or pulmonary circulations
- unilateral alveolar opacity and air bronchogram as a result of aspiration 4
- mediastinal shift to the affected side 2
- barium fills the bronchus and first-order branches 2
- 1. Stringer DA, Babyn PS. Pediatric Gastrointestinal Imaging and Intervention. B. C. Decker. ISBN:1550090798. Read it at Google Books - Find it at Amazon
- 2. Lallemand D, Quignodon J, Courtel J. Pediatric Radiology. 1996;26 (3): . doi:10.1007/BF01405293
- 3. Coley BD. Caffey's Pediatric Diagnostic Imaging (Caffeys Pediatric Diagnostic Imaging). Saunders. ISBN:B00D5T5MMY. Read it at Google Books - Find it at Amazon