Citation, DOI, disclosures and article data
At the time the article was created Jakob Neubauer had no recorded disclosures.View Jakob Neubauer's current disclosures
At the time the article was last revised Henry Knipe had no recorded disclosures.View Henry Knipe's current disclosures
Osteitis is an inflammation of the bone, usually in the context of inflammatory arthropathy.
Osteitis refers only to the inflammation of bony structures, in particular the cortex (non-medullary infection or infectious osteitis) 1-3. If there is infectious involvement of the medullary cavity, this is referred to as osteomyelitis 3.
- regional osteopenia
- focal bony lysis or cortical loss
- intermediate to low signal of cortical bone
- normal signal of adjacent bone marrow
- intermediate to high signal of cortical bone
- normal or high signal of adjacent bone marrow
- post-contrast enhancement of cortical bone
- no post-contrast enhancement of adjacent bone marrow