Ovarian-Adnexal Reporting and Data System (O-RADS)
Citation, DOI, disclosures and article data
At the time the article was created Krista Elise Suarez-Weiss had no recorded disclosures.View Krista Elise Suarez-Weiss's current disclosures
At the time the article was last revised Joachim Feger had no recorded disclosures.View Joachim Feger's current disclosures
The Ovarian-Adnexal Imaging Reporting and Data System, (O-RADS), aims to ensure that there are uniform unambiguous sonographic and MRI evaluations of ovarian or other adnexal lesions, accurately assigning each lesion to a risk category of malignancy being present, and which informs the appropriate management that could be instituted.
For risk stratification, the O-RADS system recommends six categories (O-RADS 0–5), incorporating the range of normal to high risk of malignancy.
The Ovarian-Adnexal Reporting and Data System includes the following:
- O-RADS ultrasound
- O-RADS MRI
The reporting system advocated by O-RADS includes a standardized lexicon that provides a uniform language for describing the imaging characteristics of adnexal lesions.
History and etymology
O-RADS was developed by an international multidisciplinary committee, comprising clinicians and researchers from the fields of radiology, gynecology, pathology, and gynecologic oncology, and sponsored by the American College of Radiology (ACR). It was originally designed for sonographic evaluation, and the system was extended to include MRI evaluation.
- 1. American College of Radiology. O-RADS: Key Ultrasound Lexicon Terms for Risk Assessment [accessed 23 January 2021] O-RADS US Lexicon
- 2. American College of Radiology. O-RADS: Ultrasound Risk-Stratification [accessed 3 February 2021] O-RADS US-Risk-Stratification
- 3. American College of Radiology. O-RADS: ACR-Guidance [accessed 3 February 2021] O-RADS: ACR-Guidance
- 4. American College of Radiology. O-RADS: MR Lexicon Categories, Terms and Definitions. (2020) [accessed 3 February 2021] O-RADS MR Lexicon
- 5. American College of Radiology. O-RADS: MR-Risk-Stratification-System. (2020) [accessed 3 February 2021] O-RADS MR-Risk-Stratification
- 6. American College of Radiology. O-RADS: MRI calculator [accessed 3 February 2021] O-RADS MRI-calculator
- 7. Andreotti RF, Timmerman D, Strachowski LM, Froyman W, Benacerraf BR, Bennett GL, Bourne T, Brown DL, Coleman BG, Frates MC, Goldstein SR, Hamper UM, Horrow MM, Hernanz-Schulman M, Reinhold C, Rose SL, Whitcomb BP, Wolfman WL, Glanc P. O-RADS US Risk Stratification and Management System: A Consensus Guideline from the ACR Ovarian-Adnexal Reporting and Data System Committee. (2020) Radiology. 294 (1): 168-185. doi:10.1148/radiol.2019191150 - Pubmed