Posterior compartment of the forearm
Citation, DOI, disclosures and article data
At the time the article was created Henry Knipe had no recorded disclosures.View Henry Knipe's current disclosures
At the time the article was last revised Craig Hacking had no recorded disclosures.View Craig Hacking's current disclosures
The posterior compartment of the forearm contains 11 muscles, divided into deep and superficial layers.
- mobile wad of Henry
- extensor digitorum (ED) muscle
- extensor digiti minimi (EDM) muscle
- extensor carpi ulnaris (ECU) muscle
- supinator muscle
- extensor pollicis longus (EPL) muscle
- extensor pollicis brevis (EPB) muscle
- abductor pollicis longus (APL) muscle
- extensor indicis (EI) muscle
All muscles in the extensor compartment are supplied by the radial nerve.