Citation, DOI, disclosures and article data
At the time the article was created Yuranga Weerakkody had no recorded disclosures.View Yuranga Weerakkody's current disclosures
At the time the article was last revised Joshua Yap had no recorded disclosures.View Joshua Yap's current disclosures
Preiser disease refers to idiopathic osteonecrosis of the scaphoid 1,2.
- type 1: complete type, associated with poor outcome
- type 2: partial/segmental type, associated with good outcome when compared to type 1
History and etymology
It was first described by G Preiser in 1910 3,4.
- 1. Imam S, Aldridge C, Lyall H. Bilateral idiopathic avascular necrosis of the scaphoid: a rare case of Preiser's disease. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2009;91 (10): 1400-2. doi:10.1302/0301-620X.91B10.22498 - Pubmed citation
- 2. Connell DA, Koulouris G, Thorn DA et-al. Contrast-enhanced MR angiography of the hand. Radiographics. 2002;22 (3): 583-99. Radiographics (full text) - Pubmed citation
- 3. Kalainov DM, Cohen MS, Hendrix RW et-al. Preiser's disease: identification of two patterns. J Hand Surg Am. 2004;28 (5): 767-78. Pubmed citation
- 4. Preiser G (1910). "Eine typische posttraumatische und zur spontanfraktur führende ostitis des naviculare carpi". Fortschr Geb Roentgenstr 15: 189–197.