Programmed death-ligand 1 (PD-L1)-targeted monoclonal antibodies
Programmed death-ligand 1 (PD-L1)-targeted monoclonal antibodies interact with a protein called PD-1 on T-cells and can be useful in determining if certain immunomodulation therapies can be used in treatment of certain types of cancers. PD-L1 is a major immune checkpoint protein that mediates antitumor immune suppression and response.
Some studies show that agents, such as the peptide-based imaging agent, gallium-68-WL12 can be used to detect PD-L1 expression in tumors non-invasively by positron emission tomography (PET) 5.
- 1. Ancevski Hunter K, Socinski MA, Villaruz LC. PD-L1 Testing in Guiding Patient Selection for PD-1/PD-L1 Inhibitor Therapy in Lung Cancer. (2018) Molecular diagnosis & therapy. 22 (1): 1-10. doi:10.1007/s40291-017-0308-6 - Pubmed
- 2. Velcheti V, Patwardhan PD, Liu FX, Chen X, Cao X, Burke T. Real-world PD-L1 testing and distribution of PD-L1 tumor expression by immunohistochemistry assay type among patients with metastatic non-small cell lung cancer in the United States. (2018) PloS one. 13 (11): e0206370. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0206370 - Pubmed
- 3. Parra ER, Villalobos P, Mino B, Rodriguez-Canales J. Comparison of Different Antibody Clones for Immunohistochemistry Detection of Programmed Cell Death Ligand 1 (PD-L1) on Non-Small Cell Lung Carcinoma. (2018) Applied immunohistochemistry & molecular morphology : AIMM. 26 (2): 83-93. doi:10.1097/PAI.0000000000000531 - Pubmed
- 4. Broos K, Lecocq Q, Raes G, Devoogdt N, Keyaerts M, Breckpot K. Noninvasive imaging of the PD-1:PD-L1 immune checkpoint: Embracing nuclear medicine for the benefit of personalized immunotherapy. (2018) Theranostics. 8 (13): 3559-3570. doi:10.7150/thno.24762 - Pubmed
- 5. De Silva RA, Kumar D, Lisok A, Chatterjee S, Wharram B, Venkateswara Rao K, Mease R, Dannals RF, Pomper MG, Nimmagadda S. Peptide-Based Ga-PET Radiotracer for Imaging PD-L1 Expression in Cancer. (2018) Molecular pharmaceutics. 15 (9): 3946-3952. doi:10.1021/acs.molpharmaceut.8b00399 - Pubmed