Citation, DOI, disclosures and article data
At the time the article was created Frank Gaillard had no recorded disclosures.View Frank Gaillard's current disclosures
At the time the article was last revised Henry Knipe had no recorded disclosures.View Henry Knipe's current disclosures
Quiz mode presents multistudy cases in a way that is optimized for both presented tutorials and self-directed learning.
The cases shown will depend upon the system chosen and case ratings. We are planning to take into account many other (smarter) factors in the future.
Exclude from quiz mode
It is possible for editors or the author of a case to exclude it from being shown as part of quiz mode - this is a toggle in case edit mode. However, if you see a case that is not appropriate for quiz mode please write to [email protected].
Reasons for excluding a case
- the case is a single image with an arrow or annotation which removes the teaching point
- the case is actually merely an illustration or table or diagram
- the image quality is poor to the point of making it pointless
- no adequate diagnosis/findings are included
In other words, anything which makes the case a waste of time in a self-learning quiz setting.
The first screen shows text: how the patient presentation and patient data.
Each case has at least one study, and each study is presented as a single screen with as many series as the study has. The thumbnails of each study are on the left. The other tabs are for the findings and for questions.
How to add questions
Adding questions is easy.
- go to a case you uploaded
- click 'edit' (make sure you are logged in)
- on the right, click and drag a question box to where you want it in the case (a drop area will become visible to help you out)
- type in your question and your answer
- click 'finish'
The questions and answers will be visible in normal view mode also. These questions are "short answer format" and are not multiple choice questions. MCQs cannot be currently added to cases.
Check out a few examples of cases with questions: