RANZCR applied imaging technology (AIT) paper 1 is one of two physics components of the RANZCR part 1 examination.
The RANZCR website contains up to date information on the format of the exam here.
AIT paper 1 is an e-exam in short answer format consisting of 10 questions of 10 marks each in three sections:
- section 1: radiation biology and safety (three questions)
- section 2: basic physics and technology (three questions)
- section 3: CT, MRI, US and nuclear medicine (four questions)
Pass rate is ≥60% overall with a minimum of ≥40% in each of the three sections.
Note: details correct at time of writing. Please check with RANZCR for updated details.
- 1. Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists [website]. Available from: Applied Imaging Technology Examination Format . Accessed: 04/01/2014.
Related Radiopaedia articles
- by country / jurisdiction
Australia and New Zealand
- Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists (RANZCR)
- RANZCR part 1
- RANZCR part 2
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Canadian exams
- Ireland (Republic of)
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
- Australia and New Zealand