Sanjad Sakati syndrome (SSS) is also known as hypoparathyroidism - retardation - dysmorphism (HRD). It is a rare autosomal recessive genetic disorder.
Exclusively found in people of Arabian origin. There is an equal distribution in both sexes.
Gene of the syndrome is found on chromosome 1q42-q43 .
- hypocalcemic tetany or convulsions
- mental retardation
- severe dysmorphic features
- severe intrauterine and postnatal growth retardation
History and etymology
First definitively described by Sanjad et al in 1991.
- 1. Rafique B, Al-Yaarubi S. Sanjad-Sakati Syndrome in Omani children. (2010) Oman medical journal. 25 (3): 227-9. doi:10.5001/omj.2010.63 - Pubmed
- 2. Ahmed Farag Elhassanien, Hesham Abdel-Aziz Alghaiaty. Neurological manifestations in children with Sanjad–Sakati syndrome. (2013) International Journal of General Medicine. 6: 393. doi:10.2147/IJGM.S40930 - Pubmed