Subclavius posticus muscle
Citation, DOI, disclosures and article data
At the time the article was created Henry Knipe had no recorded disclosures.View Henry Knipe's current disclosures
At the time the article was last revised Daniel J Bell had no recorded disclosures.View Daniel J Bell's current disclosures
- origin: first costal cartilage
- insertion: superior margin of scapula
- nerve supply: nerve to subclavius or suprascapular nerve
- inferiorly: subclavian vessels, brachial plexus
- duplicated inferior belly of omohyoid muscle
Subclavius posticus may be associated with:
- 1. Akita K, Ibukuro K, Yamaguchi K et-al. The subclavius posticus muscle: a factor in arterial, venous or brachial plexus compression?. Surg Radiol Anat. 2000;22 (2): 111-5. Pubmed citation
- 2. Forcada P, Rodríguez-Niedenführ M, Llusá M et-al. Subclavius posticus muscle: supernumerary muscle as a potential cause for thoracic outlet syndrome. Clin Anat. 2001;14 (1): 55-7. doi:10.1002/1098-2353(200101)14:1<55::AID-CA1010>3.0.CO;2-Y - Pubmed citation
- 3. Singhal, Suruchi, V. Rao, and K. Y. Manjunath. "Subclavius posticus muscle—a case report." Int J Morphol 26.4 (2008): 813-5.
- 4. Shetty, R., et al. "The subclavius posticus muscle: its phylogenetic retention and clinical relevance." Int. J. Morphol 24.4 (2006): 599-600.