Systematic chest radiograph assessment (approach)
One approach to a systematic chest radiograph assessment is as follows:
- assessment of the technical adequacy
- tubes and lines
- cardiomediastinal contours
- airways, lungs and pleura
- bones and soft tissue
- review areas
Following a systematic approach on every chest radiograph will prevent missed findings.
- 1. Goodman, L. and Felson, B. (2015). Felson's principles of chest roentgenology. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier, Saunders.
- 2. Dähnert W. Radiology Review Manual. LWW. (2011) ISBN:1609139437. Read it at Google Books - Find it at Amazon
- 3. Elizabeth Puddy, Catherine Hill; Interpretation of the chest radiograph, Continuing Education in Anaesthesia Critical Care & Pain, Volume 7, Issue 3, 1 June 2007, Pages 71–75, https://doi.org/10.1093/bjaceaccp/mkm014