Citation, DOI, disclosures and article data
At the time the article was created The Radswiki had no recorded disclosures.View The Radswiki's current disclosures
At the time the article was last revised Henry Knipe had no recorded disclosures.View Henry Knipe's current disclosures
Simple testicular cysts are usually nonpalpable and thus are detected incidentally.
- imperceptible wall
- anechoic with posterior acoustic enhancement
- no flow on color Doppler
- follows the signal characteristics of fluid on all pulse sequences
- lack of enhancement on post-contrast sequences
Careful inspection is warranted to differentiate these from cystic testicular neoplasms, such as cystic teratoma.
Treatment and prognosis
Testicular cysts require no treatment when discovered 1,2.
- 1. Kim W, Rosen M, Langer J, Banner M, Siegelman E, Ramchandani P. US MR Imaging Correlation in Pathologic Conditions of the Scrotum. Radiographics. 2007;27(5):1239-53. doi:10.1148/rg.275065172 - Pubmed
- 2. Dogra V, Gottlieb R, Rubens D, Liao L. Benign Intratesticular Cystic Lesions: US Features. Radiographics. 2001;21(suppl_1):S273-81. doi:10.1148/radiographics.21.suppl_1.g01oc15s273 - Pubmed