Testicular germ cell tumors
Citation, DOI, disclosures and article data
At the time the article was created Frank Gaillard had no recorded disclosures.View Frank Gaillard's current disclosures
Testicular germ cell tumors account for 90% of primary tumors of the testes. They are the most common nonhaematologic malignancy in men 15-49 years old.
They are divided into:
- testicular seminoma: 40% of germ cell tumors 1
- non-seminomatous germ cell tumor: 60% of germ cell tumors
- testicular non-germ cell tumor: 10% of primary tumors
Testicular germ cell tumors may "burn out" after metastasizing, only leaving a small calcific intratesticular focus behind.
- 1. Sohaib SA, Koh DM, Husband JE. The role of imaging in the diagnosis, staging, and management of testicular cancer. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2008;191 (2): 387-95. doi:10.2214/AJR.07.2758 - Pubmed citation
- 2. Raghavan D. Germ cell tumors. Pmph USA Ltd. (2003) ISBN:1550090828. Read it at Google Books - Find it at Amazon