Thrombosis of the pampiniform plexus is a rarely reported phenomenon of the formation of thrombus within the pampiniform plexus of the testes. It may occur with or without a varicocele. Its exact etiology is not well known but has sometimes been seen following epididymo-orchitis 1. Spontaneous occurrences have also been very rarely reported 2,3.
- 1. Alshubaili H et.al. Acute right epididymo-orchitis complicated by pampiniform plexus thrombosis. (2020) Urology case reports. doi:10.1016/j.eucr.2020.101171 - Pubmed
- 2. Hashimoto L et.al Spontaneous thrombosis of the pampiniform plexus. (2020) Scandinavian journal of urology and nephrology. doi:10.1080/00365590600589823 - Pubmed
- 3. Bakshi S Bilateral spontaneous thrombosis of the pampiniform plexus mimicking incarcerated inguinal hernia: case report of a rare condition and literature review. (2020) Surgical case reports. doi:10.1186/s40792-020-00810-3 - Pubmed
- 4. Anseline P, A case of spontaneous thrombosis of the pampiniform plexus of the testis. (1977) The Australian and New Zealand journal of surgery. doi:10.1111/j.1445-2197.1977.tb06628.x - Pubmed
- 5. Vincent M. Spontaneous thrombosis of pampiniform plexus. (1981) Urology. doi:10.1016/0090-4295(81)90232-6 - Pubmed