Type II collagenopathies are a group of conditions collectively characterised by abnormalities in synthesis of collagen type II. This usually occurs due to a mutation in the COL2A1 gene.
Entities that fall under this group include:
- achondrogenesis type II
- platyspondylic lethal skeletal dysplasia: Torrance type
- Kniest dysplasia / spondyloepiphyseal dysplasia congenita
- spondyloepimetaphyseal dysplasia: Strudwick type
- spondyloperipheral dysplasia
- Stickler syndrome - Stickler arthroophthalmopathy: type I