Uploading DICOM images to Radiopaedia
Citation, DOI and article data
Uploading DICOM images to Radiopaedia is possible through the case creation page with full client-side anonymisation.
Here is what occurs:
- drag and drop: drag and drop the DICOM folder into the case upload area (the will not be uploaded at this stage)
- anonymisation: the files will be processed on your computer with all fields potentially containing patient information being anonymised
- review: at this stage, you can review all the images and fields to check what fields have been kept for the upload; these are the bare minimum to allow identification of modality, orientation etc...
- optimize: you can trim unwanted images from the start and end of the stack as well as pan and zoom/crop
- upload: once you are happy you can choose which images to upload. Only then will the fully anonymised images be sent from your browser to Radiopaedia servers
- web-optimization: our servers then store the anonymised DICOM files and convert them to smaller size web-optimized images for viewing.
At present we do not have native DICOM viewing capabilities. As we build up the size of our DICOM library, however, we will eventually add the ability to use PACS-like Dicom viewer to those cases. There is no timeline for this at this stage.