Uploading DICOM images to Radiopaedia
Citation, DOI & article data
Here is what occurs:
- drag and drop: drag and drop the DICOM folder into the case upload area (this will not be uploaded at this stage)
- anonymisation: the files will be processed on your computer with all fields potentially containing patient information being anonymised
- review: at this stage, you can review all the images and fields to check what fields have been kept for the upload; these are the bare minimum to allow identification of modality, orientation etc...
- optimize: you can trim unwanted images from the start and end of the stack as well as pan and zoom/crop (note: cropping will permanently remove unwanted regions and remove co-registration for future use)
- upload: once you are happy you can choose which images to upload. Only then will the fully anonymised images be sent from your browser to Radiopaedia servers
- web-optimization: our servers then store the anonymised DICOM files and convert them to smaller size web-optimized images for viewing.
At present we do not have native DICOM viewing capabilities. As we build up the size of our DICOM library, however, we will eventually add the ability to use a PACS-like DICOM viewer for these cases. There is no timeline for this currently.