What Radiopaedia IS
Citation, DOI, disclosures and article data
At the time the article was created Frank Gaillard had no recorded disclosures.View Frank Gaillard's current disclosures
Radiopaedia.org is more than just a website. It is the front end of a community whose aim is to develop the best researched, most comprehensive and most accessible online radiology reference site... read more.
- Radiopaedia.org IS an opportunity to contribute to a project which has become the resource for radiologists everywhere
- Radiopaedia.org IS a community of like-minded health professionals from all corners of the world
- Radiopaedia.org IS a place to share your interesting cases
- Radiopaedia.org IS a place to share your knowledge and expertise
If you are curious, this is what Radiopaedia IS NOT.
Role of the Radiopaedia.org community
All registered users are free, and in fact are encouraged, to edit and contribute content to the site as a whole. Furthermore, the community has a say in the direction Radiopaedia.org takes insofar as the structure of the content, as well as suggesting which features would be most beneficial.
As far as content structure is concerned, we are not a democracy, but rather a meritocracy, with decisions ultimately residing with the editorial staff. This means:
- we should have the best people making any given decision
- it is worth investing your time to become the best person to make certain decisions
'Best' in this scenario can be thought of as a combination of expertise in the relevant field and an understanding of Radiopaedia.org content and aims, as well as a track record of consistently excellent contributions.