World Radiography Day
World Radiography Day (WRD) is an annual event held on 8 November to celebrate the anniversary of the discovery of x-rays by Wilhelm Roentgen, on 8 November 1895, and is organized by the International Society of Radiographers and Radiological Technologists (ISRRT) 1.
World Radiography Day occurs simultaneously with the International Day of Radiology, although the former is an older event.
Each year a different main theme(s) is chosen to be celebrated 1:
- 2020: Elevating Patient Care with Artificial Intelligence, radiographers are essential in elevating patient care 3
- 2019: Your Safety Our Priority
- 2018: Precision Compassion
- 2017: We Care About Your Safety
- 2016: Quality Assurance: the Radiographer takes a central role
- 2015: Radiographers Have a Pivotal Role In Justification of Medical Exposures
- 2014: Radiography...Advancing Imaging and Healing Globally
- 2013: Radiographers Optimize Radiation Dose
- 2012: Radiography: Guides the Clinical Pathway
- 2011: The Heart of Modern Medicine
- 1. ISRRT. (2019). World Radiography Day. [online] Available at: https://www.isrrt.org/world-radiography-day [Accessed 14 July 2019].
- 2. ISRRT. (2019). Special edition 2019. [online] Available at: https://www.isrrt.org/special-edition-2019 [Accessed 23 November 2019]
- 3. ISRRT. (2020). World Radiography Day. [online] https://www.isrrt.org/blog/message-president-world-radiography-day-2020 [Accessed 8 November 2020]