Yunis Varón syndrome is a rare skeletal dysplasia. It is thought to be autosomal recessive.
- severe neurologic impairment
- absent clavicles
- diastasis of sutures
- absent thumbs and distal phalanges of fingers
- hypoplasia of the proximal phalanges
- absence of the distal phalanges of the big toes
- pelvic dysplasia and bilateral hip dislocation
- poorly delineated lips
Treatment and prognosis
The syndrome is usually fatal in infancy.
- 1. Yunis E, Varón H. Cleidocranial dysostosis, severe micrognathism, bilateral absence of thumbs and first metatarsal bone, and distal aphalangia: a new genetic syndrome. Am. J. Dis. Child. 1980;134 (7): 649-53. Pubmed citation