It's that time of year again and applications are open for the section editor 2014 positions.
Section editors are the guiding hand behind the collaborative effort of creating the largest online radiology resource on the web. As a section editor, you shape your section and maintain a high standard of content.
Being a section editor can take as little as 1 to 2 hours a week, and looks great on your CV. Your name will remain listed in the previous editors section, so that your contribution will be remembered.
- duration: ideally 12 months
- accredited radiology registrar/resident or above
- active member - the number and quality of prior contributions are a factor in selecting section editors (they also help you become familiar with the structure and workings of the site)
- maintaining and organizing your section
- reviewing new additions for links and content
- contributing new articles and improvements of existing articles
- participating in discussions with other editors with regard to site-wide issues
- encouraging and providing feedback to new contributors as well as moderating new case and article contributions
- actively promoting Radiopaedia.org
Being a section editor is rewarding, is a great way to study / revise and makes a noticeable addition to your CV. You also make connections with contemporaries from around the world, which, as many of the current editors will attest to, is one of the most enjoyable aspects of this community.
To apply, email a copy of your CV and a list of the sections you are interested in editing to email@example.com. Please include your Radiopaedia.org username, so that we can review your profile and previous contributions.