Projectional radiography is the bread and butter of radiology; patients will often interact with medical imaging in some form or another through their journey.
The radiographic indications project was an editorial project that ran from April 2020 until January 2021 to edit and create radiography articles to include specific projectional indications.
We created indications for 189 radiography articles over this period, an impressive effort performed by a great team.
We hope this can be a tool for both referrers and radiographers to ensure they perform the correct exam for a valid reason and understand what exams will yield the highest diagnostic value.
You can peruse our radiography articles, both adult and pediatric, among other things in our imaging in practice section.
A team of 14 editors contributed to this project, and our thanks (in alphabetical order) go to:
- Amanda Er, radiographer, Singapore
- Andrew Murphy, radiographer, Australia
- Dr Dai Roberts, radiologist, United Kingdom
- Dr Dan Bell, radiologist, United Kingdom
- Associate Professor Frank Gaillard, radiologist, Australia
- Dr Henry Knipe, radiologist, Australia
- Dr Ian Bickle, radiologist, United Kingdom
- Dr Jeremy Jones, radiologist, United Kingdom
- Jessica Hui Shi Ng, radiographer, Australia