- learn how to identify the early signs of an MCA infarct on CT. What is the hyperdense MCA sign?
- learn how to diagnose this important surgical emergency with both CT and ultrasound. How thick is too thick?
- learn the classic appearance of an extradural haematoma and the simple rules that can help distinguish it from subdural blood.
- learn the typical ultrasound and CT features of cholecystitis and how to identify gallstones. What gallbladder wall thickness is considered too thick?
- learn how to recognise the 5 different types of pulmonary lobar collapse, an essential skill for any clinician. Which is the hardest one to detect? Collapse of which lobe will obscure the left hemi-diaphragm?