4th metacarpal fracture
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Oblique fracture of the 4th metacarpal shaft. The fracture is impossible to see on the AP view, and challenging to see on the lateral. The oblique view gives the best view of the fracture.
This case highlights the importance of using 2 views in patients with trauma.
The 4th metacarpal fracture isn't apparent on the AP view: however, the lateral and the oblique view clearly demonstrate the fracture and its extent.
1 article features images from this case
20 public playlist includes this case
- Radiographic image interpretation of the hand
- Hand and Wrist
- Hand MSk
- Radiología I
- co assistenten
- MI + MS
- BBH Med Students - Fracture description
- poignet/main trauma
- Intern Radiology - Fractures and dislocations
- MSK Hand Trauma Radiographs
- Playlist 1
- Diagnostic Imaging III-Upper Extremity Trauma
- Extremity radiographs
- UL for ED
- Students MSK